Financial Planning and Analysis Intern
Reports to: Senior Manager, Financial Planning & analysis
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software company in a category of its own.
Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future – enabling our customers to be employers of choice for their employees and supervisors.
As a member of the Financial Planning & Analysis team, you play a vital role in the financial strategy of the business through analysis, financial modeling, and cross-functional partnerships. You will be a part of a highly talented and motivated group of individuals tasked with steering the financial direction of the business. If exposure to executive level strategy, understanding public filings, and being an integral part of a rapidly growing successful organization is what you are looking for, then this is the role for you.
Our organization nurtures a dynamic agile work environment full of talented individuals with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds working in small squads around a shared mission. Guided by our development principles, and a passion for compelling software, we come together to deliver great products and make Paylocity an exciting place to work.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
- Curious about annual budgets and quarterly forecast preparation utilized in the formulation of annual and quarterly guidance delivered on earnings calls.
- Enjoys maintaining and building complex financial models used to guide business leaders across the organization.
- A desire to Build cross-functional relationships across the organization through communicating monthly departmental results to business partners.
- Motivated to gain an understanding of what it means to be a publicly traded company, including exposure to Securities & Exchange Commission (“SEC”) filings, the preparation of financial guidance and exposure to investor relations activities.
- Enthusiasm to participate and contribute in team meetings through sharing ideas as a rapidly growing business continues to evolve.
- Driven to work alongside proven financial professionals who are eager to share their experiences and offer career guidance and mentorship.
How we work:
- Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
- Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
- Customers at the center of everything we do
- Small, mission-focused squads with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
- Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
What we offer:
- A compelling mission to elevate payroll and human resources across the backroom and into the boardroom
- Focus on helping our customers automate manual processes, appeal to the modern workforce, and glean insights from analytics
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our customers at the center of everything we do
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- Ample opportunity and encouragement to stay current with external training
- A phenomenal culture that keeps getting better
During the last three months, you would have:
- Learned something that you are excited about
- Found innovative ways to increase the quality of your work
- Exercised creativity and solved cool problems
- Demonstrated passion for Financial Planning and Anaylsis
- Shared your knowledge and interests with others
- Built relationships and had exposure to various types and levels of stakeholders across the organization
- Shared feedback on the program
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2014, 2017, 2018
- Glassdoor Highest Rated CEO's 2014, 2017
- CIO Applications Top 25 HR Technology Solution Providers 2017
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 2013-2017
- DC Digital Top Work Places 2016-2017
- 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in Chicago 2008-2017
- Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago 2012-2017
- Best Places to Work Idaho 2017
- Best Places to Work Orlando Business Journal 2016-2017
- Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation 2014, 2017