The Manager, Knowledge Management will manage and lead a highly skilled Knowledge Management team in our organization. The Manager, Knowledge Management provides leadership, coaching, training and mentoring to Knowledge Analysts to ensure all critical aspects of client issues are met and resolved appropriately. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to identification, prioritization, and resolution of user help requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of knowledge integrated functions. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic, fast paced environment are required.
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed.
* Responsible for maintaining Knowledge Management service levels according to Paylocity standards
* Ensure all client issues are addressed in a timely manner and handled appropriately handling unresolved and escalated client issues with prompt and courteous service
* Coordinate with the other Managers across the company to ensure consistency in all policies and procedures
* Collaborate with internal training department to coordinate, assess and manage employees' training needs and gaps as well as build gap content
* Other duties as assigned
* Team Management - Manage the individuals on the Knowledge Management Team including:
o Building and developing a team of capable problem solvers that can work independently and collaboratively with other functional groups
o Conduct year-end performance reviews and other employee relations activities with the assistance of Human Resources
o Develop, communicate and monitor progress towards department goals
o Monitors the workload of the team ensuring appropriate volume, priority and alignments
o Partners and coaches Team Leads to address any and all performance and disciplinary issues regarding employees
o Provides proactive and reactive development opportunities that contribute to self, team and corporate goals
o Hiring, onboarding and training new team members
o Manage the day-to-day activities of the Knowledge Management Analysts, Team Leads
* Metrics, Reporting and Analysis: Leverage formal and informal metrics to identify and analyze trends (internal and external usage), monitor team & individual effectiveness and assess intervention results. Identify and advocate for necessary metrics and reporting. Develop tracking for metrics not yet developed. Use metrics to create a culture of continual improvement and to create focus where needed for purposes of learning, coaching, intervention and operational improvements.
* Monitors and evaluates the KM program, including external benchmarking and evaluation programs/opportunities.
* Facilitate effective engagement with Development, Learning and Development and Service organizations to drive solution development and maintenance in the areas of Enterprise Search, Information Capture, and Expertise Search.
* Establish best practices and opportunities to improve team’s performance and the performance between departments
* Identify, recommend, develop, and implement user training programs to increase efficiency throughout the organization